Allentown Trip and Fall Lawyers
Trip and fall injuries can have serious and even deadly consequences. These accidents can happen anywhere and to anyone. Those who are responsible for your injuries should be held accountable and the Allentown trip and fall lawyers are here to fight for your rights. Contact us today.
What are the Statistics Behind Trip and Fall Accidents?
The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSL) – a non-profit organization whose mission is “to aid in the prevention of slips, trips, and falls through education, research and standards development” – has compiled the following slip and fall statistics:
- Fall fatalities are nearly equally divided between men and women.
- Slips/trips and falls account for over 1 million emergency room visits each year.
- Slips /trips and falls are the leading cause of workers’ compensation claims.
- Half of all accidental deaths in the home are caused by a fall.
While trip and fall injuries can happen to anyone in Allentown or elsewhere, our nation’s elderly are more likely to suffer serious consequences from a slip and fall. Relating to slip and falls and the elderly, the NFSL found that:
- One of every three persons over the age of 65 will experience a fall each year in the United States.
- On average, more than 15,000 people over the age of 65 die each year because of a fall.
- Falls are the second leading cause of injury-related death in the elderly.
- Incidence of falls goes up with each decade of life.
What are Some Common Locations for Trip and Fall Injuries in Allentown?
Slip and fall injuries can happen anywhere, but there are some places where they happen frequently.
- Restaurants. Restaurants, especially fast-food restaurants, can become slip and fall danger zones when food or drink is spilled and not quickly cleaned. Floors throughout the bar, dining area and bathrooms should be kept clean and safe for customers.
- Airports. Airports move large numbers of people as quickly as possible and this can lead to floors becoming slippery when food or drink gets spilled. An airport slip and fall may also occur on a moving walkway or on the boarding bridge. If an airport becomes aware of a slip and fall hazard, then steps must be taken to protect guests.
- Arenas and Stadiums. Sporting, music or other types of events that bring large numbers of people together can become dangerous if floors are not kept clean. Arenas or stadiums often have stairs that are used to get guests to-and-from their seats and these stairs can be particularly dangerous.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Injured in a Trip and Fall Accident?
A trip and fall can often be a confusing and even embarrassing event. Try to remain calm and asses what has happened. Seek immediate medical attention if you believe that you are injured. Failing to get immediate medical attention will give the party responsible for your injuries the opportunity to try to blame your injury on something other than the fall.
Never sign any waivers or agree to making any statements without a lawyer present. Remember that it is the responsibility of the restaurant, airport or other business employees to try and protect the business. Contact us and allow us to work with the other side’s lawyers. We have the experience to properly handle your case and you should never pursue a serious medical legal claim alone. Contact one of the trip and fall attorneys at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC online or by calling 888-777-7098.