Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Apr 23, 2021 - Slip and Fall
Slip and fall accidents, sometimes known as slip, trip, and fall accidents, send thousands of people to emergency rooms across the U.S. every year. These accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries, from scrapes and bruises to even death.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a slip and fall accident in Pennsylvania, let the Bethlehem slip and fall lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis help.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries?
Slip and fall accidents are among the most common accidents experienced by their unfortunate victims. These accidents often result from someone else’s negligence or failure to maintain a safe environment on their property.
Some of the most common causes for slip and fall accidents include:
- Inadequate Safety Maintenance. When a property owner fails to safely maintain their property, visitors are often the victims of slip and fall accidents. In particular, unsafe working environments, such as construction sites, are also the cause of numerous work-related slip and fall injuries.
- Environmental Conditions. Dangerous environmental conditions are also responsible for a large number of slip and fall accidents. These conditions may include debris on floors, poor lighting, cables run across walkways, and even open desk drawers or misplaced furniture.
- Particular Industries. Some industry workplaces or professions, such as construction, restaurants, custodial, and factories, are simply more prone to slip and fall accidents than others.
- Flooring Conditions. Uneven and wet floors, and even transitions from one type of flooring to another type, such as hardwood to carpeting, often cause slip and fall accidents, especially for people who are otherwise engaged while walking. Added to this list are soapy or greasy floors, uncleaned spills, and frozen outdoor walkways.
- Unsafe Ladders and Stairs. Broken or defective ladders and improper ladder use, as well as uneven or defective stairways, including the lack of or broken handrails, cause hundreds of slip and fall accidents, resulting in minor to severe injuries.
- Improper Training. Many work areas expose workers to unsafe conditions. Employers that don’t provide proper on-the-job training may be exposed to liability for slip and fall accidents.
- Improper Footwear. A high percentage of slip and fall accidents are caused by improper footwear, including high, spiked heels, sneakers, and even work boots that don’t provide proper traction.
Contact the Bethlehem Slip and Fall Lawyers For Help With Your Case
If you have been the victim of a slip and fall accident, you’re certainly not alone. These types of accidents are far too common, especially in the workplace, and almost always preventable.
Contact the Bethlehem slip and fall lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis for your free consultation if you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Pennsylvania. We understand the laws surrounding slip and fall accidents and understand the consequences of suffering severe injuries. Your injuries may be more severe than you are immediately aware of, so let our experienced legal team analyze your potential claims and offer you your best options.