Allentown Product Defect Attorney
Each year thousands of people are injured by defective products. These injuries can be extremely serious and even deadly. Companies that sell defective products should be held liable for any harm those products cause. Contact an Allentown product defect attorney at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC to discuss any injuries you or your family have suffered from a defective product.
What is a Product Defect?
Common types of product defects include:
- Design Defects. A design defect occurs when there is a flaw in the design of a product that makes the product unsafe for its intended use. For example, if brake pads are designed to fall apart in rain or snow that would be a design defect because the pads are not suitable for their intended use.
- Manufacturing Defects. A manufacturing defect arises when the product is not produced correctly and is therefore dangerous for its intended purpose. For example, a manufacturing defect may arise where a gun manufacturer uses a defective safety mechanism.
- Marketing/Instruction Defects. If marketing or use instructions are incorrect a product might be improperly used and therefore dangerous. For example, medication that is designed and manufactured properly could still be dangerous if the instructions are defective and too much (or not enough) medication is taken.
You may not know exactly why a product injured you, and that is ok. Our Allentown attorneys will work with you and other experts to help determine why the product injured you. Call us today so we can begin reviewing your claim.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Injured by a Defective Product?
Being injured can be a confusing and painful time. Seek immediate medical attention after your injury. If possible, consider doing the following:
- Preserve. If you can do so safely, try and preserve the defective product. If necessary, we will work with experts to help determine exactly what caused the product to be dangerous and having the defective product for review is important.
- Record. Take video and pictures of the defective product and your injuries. These images can help in ensuring that you get full compensation for your injuries.
- Gather. We will need to determine where the defective product came from. To do this, it is often necessary to have any purchase receipts or instruction manuals available for review.
Once you are ready, contact an Allentown product defect lawyer at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC so we can begin the legal process. There are time limits – known as the “statute of limitations” – for when you must bring your claim. Make sure you don’t miss any important deadlines and contact us today.
Who Might Be Liable for My Injuries?
There are usually a number of different people or companies that benefited from selling you the defective product.
- Designer and Manufacturer. Companies that design and manufacture defective products should be held responsible for any injuries that are caused by those defective products. If a company expects to make a profit off a product, then that product should be safe for consumers.
- Distributors. Where a company makes a profit from distributing a defective product that company may also be liable for the harm the product causes. Customers trust retail stores to not sell them dangerous products.
Designers, manufactures and distributors may all be liable to varying degrees for the injuries you have suffered. Let us help in figuring out who the appropriate party to sue is, contact us today.
How Can the Allentown Attorneys at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC Help Me With My Defective Product Claim?
The attorneys at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC can help you in many ways throughout the legal process. As necessary, we will support your claim by:
- Working with medical and other professionals to determine the exact cause of your injury;
- Managing the other side’s attorneys;
- Negotiating a settlement that gets you the compensation that you deserve; and
- Communicating with you throughout the entire legal process.
Contact Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC online or by calling 888-777-7098 today.