April 29, 2015

When most people think of a commercial vehicle accident the first thing that comes to mind is a semi-truck or a tractor-trailer. However, it’s important to remember that just like their 18- wheel counterparts, the drivers of any “for hire” vehicle also require commercial driving licenses. These include taxi drivers and operators of commercial motor coaches, limousines and parcel delivery vans.

The reason this is important is that many types of these commercial operations often have overlapping insurance arrangements. For example, the owner of a parcel service may have an insurance policy specifically for the driver. Simultaneously, that driver might have a separate policy for his or her vehicle. There may even be an insurance policy that covers the value of the parcels contained within the vehicle.

You need to make sure that the attorney you choose to represent you in your legal action has the requisite experience to deal with these sometimes very complicated situations. Frequent readers of our online blog may recall a case of a food truck that exploded last summer. This is a good example of just how complicated these commercial truck accident cases can be. In that case, five victims received serious burn injuries and another seven were injured after a food truck exploded in Feltonville, Pennsylvania. You need a law firm that can deal with such a wide array of potential insurance disputes which may arise during such events.

Since 1985, our law firm has been providing legal representation for clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We currently have four offices located in Doylestown, Allentown, Easton and Stroudsburg. Prospective clients should know that they can reach us to schedule an appointment 24-hours a day, by phone or via our online contact page. We also support clients who prefer to speak with us in Spanish.