Important Information to Gather from the Scene of an Accident
Feb 16, 2021 - Uncategorized
Being involved in an automobile accident is always annoying, often stressful, and sometimes tragic. Still, one thing is for sure: you’re shaken up and not always thinking straight. Plus, there are many different things to deal with, not the least of which are your insurance claims and sometimes your legal claims.
However, we can help. If you have been involved in a vehicle accident, your first call should be to a Doylestown accident lawyer at Drake, Hileman & Davis, even before you call your insurance company. They can help you with any type of accident, including those that result in injury, serious injury, or even death.
What Do I Need to Gather from the Scene of an Accident?
The important information you should gather includes:
- The date and time of the accident
- The exact location of the accident
- The contact information of any other drivers involved
- The license plate number of any other drivers involved
- The driver’s license number of any other drivers involved
- The insurance carrier’s name, phone number, and policy number of any other drivers involved
- The names and contact information of any witnesses
- Any remarks made by witnesses, the other drivers, or the police that seem important or related to fault
- Photos and/or video of the scene, the vehicles, and any injuries
- The names and contact info of all the occupants in both vehicles
- A copy of the police report and any tickets that were issued
- The police officer’s name and badge number
- Consider simply taking pictures or videos of all of this information. It’s much quicker, undeniably accurate, and easier to track
Is There Any Other Information I Should Gather in the Aftermath of an Accident?
Yes, there is important information you should continue to gather. It’s a good idea to take the information you have already gathered and put it all into a folder or scan it into your computer. You’ll need to add to that folder:
- All updated medical bills and receipts
- All updated prescription information
- Updated notes or diagnoses from your doctors
- Updated proof of lost income for missed time at work
- An injury journal detailing your symptoms, treatments, pain level, and progress
All of this information is critical to support any claims you may have. It’s important to follow your doctor’s orders exactly and to document everything along the way.
Contact the Doylestown Accident Lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis for More Information
Each accident is different, and whether it’s your first accident or the latest of many, the rules stay the same. The information you gather will help the experienced Doylestown accident lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis handle your insurance and legal claims and recover all of the compensation you’re entitled to.
Contact us for further information and to schedule your free consultation.