Doylestown Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
The United States has a serious drunk driving problem. Each year thousands of people are needlessly killed or injured by drunk drivers. The Doylestown drunk driving accident lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC fight for the rights of those who have been harmed by drunk drivers. We take our responsibilities to you and your family very seriously. Contact us online or by calling 888-777-7098 today, we are here to help.
Drunk Driving Statistics
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “every day, 28 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver.” This is approximately one death every 51 minutes. The cost of life is incredible and the economic cost is also enormous: the annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also found:
- In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.
- Of all the traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2015, 209 (16%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.
- In 2015, nearly 1.1 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
Young people were found to be at great risk for alcohol-impaired driving. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that among drivers with blood alcohol levels of 0.08% or higher involved in fatal crashes in 2015, nearly three in 10 were between 21 and 24 years of age (with the next two largest groups were ages 25 to 34 and 35 to 44).
Alternatives to Drinking and Driving
There are numerous alternatives to drinking and driving. It is never acceptable to put others in jeopardy by drinking and driving.
- Share ride and taxi services are now common in almost all cities and towns throughout the country. The establishment where you are dinking at should be happy to coordinate a safe ride home for all patrons.
- Identifying a designated driver before the drinking begins is another alternative to drinking and driving.
- Many cities and towns have established “safe ride home” programs that offer transportation services and no or reduced charge. These services are always preferable to driving while intoxicated.
- Public transportation is also available in most medium to large cities. Public transportation is usually a cheap and efficient way to get home safe.
Do whatever it takes to stay out from behind the wheel after you have been drinking. Don’t let others drive drunk and take steps to protect yourself.
Contact a Doylestown drunk driving accident lawyer at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC if you or a loved one has been injured or killed by a drunk driver.
The Doylestown Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC Are Here to Help
Contact us online or by calling 888-777-7098 today to discuss your case. We are a team of experienced and passionate legal professionals who believe strongly in getting the injured the compensation that they deserve for the harms they have suffered.
We look forward to working with you and your family throughout the entire claims process. Contact us today.