Riding your motorcycle on Route 209 from Stroudsburg to Sciota and Kresgeville can be exhilarating, but it can also be dangerous. The same is true on Route 611 from Stroudsburg to Bushkill. If you speak to motorcycle enthusiasts about why they love to ride the conversation will likely turn to the concept of freedom. Freedom from the feeling of being enclosed within the confines of a vehicle, and freedom to enjoy the open air as they travel along the road. Unfortunately, as our Stroudsburg motorcycle accident lawyers know all too well, it is that exposure and lack of protection that is also one of the main reasons why motorcycle accidents are often more deadly than other modes of transportation.
Motorcycle riders know this one fact: When you ride a motorcycle, other drivers just don’t see you. Maybe they are just used to seeing other cars and trucks on the road. Maybe they are texting and driving. Maybe they looked down to change the radio station. Motorcycle accidents like this happen every day, and we’re here to help you fight for compensation.
The team of personal injury attorneys at Drake, Hileman & Davis are prepared to handle your case from start to finish. Whether a prompt investigation of the accident scene needs to be completed, or whether accident reconstruction efforts need to be taken, we are ready to start right away. To have a Stroudsburg motorcycle accident lawyer review your case, contact our office at (570) 421-8119 or message us online.
Let a Caring and Compassionate Stroudsburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You Through Your Claim
If your injuries are life-altering, or if you are calling on behalf of a loved one who passed away as a result of a motorcycle accident, our Personal Injury team is ready for your call, 24 hours a day. We have been representing husbands and wives who have lost their spouse, and parents who have lost children in motorcycle accidents for 30 years. While we understand that speaking to an attorney is one of the last things you want to do right now, we also know that you have questions that need answering. We are here for you. Our goal is to do the heavy-lifting for you and your family. We will help with paperwork and legal requirements such as raising an estate and petitioning the courts for approval of any settlement. We know that the most important thing we can do is to stand side-by-side with you through this most difficult time.
The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Interestingly enough, most injuries from motorcycle accidents can ultimately be traced to two main factors:
- Motorcycles present an extremely narrow profile in traffic and on the open road. Most drivers are looking for either huge commercial trucks or standard-size automobiles. Motorcycles are relatively difficult to see, and when they’re moving fast, they can be upon you in a matter of seconds.
- Motorcycles lack the protective metal cocoon that even the smallest of cars provide and are no match for the sheer weight and tons of steel that protect commercial truck drivers.
Some of the most common types of motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles on the roads, including:
- Another driver failing to see a motorcyclist and cutting them off
- Another driver suddenly stopping when traveling at a high rate of speed on the highway
- Another driver is distracted and swerves into a motorcycle’s traveling lane
- Impaired or distracted riding by either party
- Speeding vehicles by either party
- Limits of visibility and dangerous road conditions caused by inclement weather, which affect both parties
- Road defects like potholes, construction zones, or sharp turns
- Failure of a motorcycle part while in use
Let an Experienced Stroudsburg Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You Fight for Compensation
Motorcycle accidents are particularly dangerous due to a lack of protection during a crash. Unfortunately, if a motorcyclist is involved in anything other than a minor scrape or skid, the result is usually severe injury or death. If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact a Stroudsburg motorcycle accident lawyer at Drake, Hileman & Davis by phone at 570-421-8119 or online for your free consultation. We’ll help you through this challenging time and handle any insurance or legal claims you may have.
A Different Kind of Lawyer for Motorcyclists
As litigators, sometimes it is unusual to hear the word compassion but that is just what our clients sense that they receive from us in our representation. Please read other words and comments from our clients.
While we care deeply about our clients, we also know that our clients are concerned about results. See the link below, for our recent verdicts, settlements and awards.
If you have questions, call our office at 570-421-8119, and ask to speak with a qualified Stroudsburg motorcycle accident lawyer who handles accidents and serious injury cases. After this first call, we can schedule a meeting at our office or in your home.