Motor Vehicle Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and even death. Contact a motor vehicle injury attorney at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motor vehicle accident.
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides statistics relating to motor vehicle accidents in the United States. For the most recently reported year, 2015, the NHTSA found that 35,092 people were killed and 2.44 million people were injured in accidents during that year. Both of these numbers were increases over the previous year. The NHTSA also found that during 2015:
- Motorcyclist fatalities increased by 382
- Pedestrian fatalities increased by 466
- Bicyclist fatalities increased by 89, and
- Alcohol-impaired driving fatalities increased by 3.2 percent
These are unfortunate trends because most motor vehicle accidents are preventable. Accidents usually occur when someone is driving recklessly and reckless driving is preventable. Contact our law offices today if you have been injured by a reckless driver so we can begin working on your case and get you the compensation that you deserve.
What are Some of the Major Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents?
Motor vehicle accidents can happen for any number of reasons, but here are some of the most common causes:
- Speeding. Required stopping distances increase and reaction times decrease as the motor vehicle’s speed goes up. Maintaining control over a motor vehicle is a must for all drivers at all times and excessive speeds significantly limit a driver’s ability to do so.
- Distracted Driving. Unfortunately, there has been a growing number of accidents caused by drivers who were distracted by phone calls or text messages. Whenever a driver’s attention is taken away from the act of driving, there is an increased risk for an accident.
- Road Conditions. Road conditions, such as standing water or potholes, can significantly decrease the control a driver has over his or her motor vehicle. Drivers must remain aware of road conditions at all times and respond appropriately.
- Traffic Law Violations. Traffic laws are designed to facilitate orderly roadways. When these laws are broken, there is a disturbance that requires other drivers to respond and this increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Drugs and Alcohol. Drugs and alcohol can reduce a driver’s ability to comprehend and appreciate danger. They can also reduce awareness and reaction times. With an increasing number of alternatives, the tolerance for intoxicated driving continues to go down.
Underage driving and driving while fatigued are two other major factors that contribute to the likelihood of an accident; however, there are many other factors that can impact the safety of our roadways. Contact us today if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. We are here to help.
Why Should I Choose Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC?
If you choose an Allentown motor vehicle injury lawyer at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC you can expect:
- Knowledge and Resources. Our lawyers have handled thousands of personal injury cases since 1985. Addressing an issue in your case, will not be the first time for us. And if there is a unique problem in your claim, we will know where and how to find the answer.
- Confident Representation. Our lawyers expect to win and are confident in their skills.
- Attention to Detail. We believe that good lawyers do sweat the details — we will be thorough.
- Zealous and Compassionate. We are both zealous advocates for our clients and compassionately attentive to our client’s needs.
We handle all personal injury cases on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay us nothing unless we recover for you. Contact us today online or by calling 888-777-7098 to discuss your case.