Bethlehem Defective Product Lawyers
Defective products can cause serious injury and even death. Call one of the Bethlehem defective product lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC if you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product. Contact us online or by calling 888-777-7098 today, we are here to help.
Types of Product Defects
There are three basic types of product defects of which you should be aware:
- Design defects occur when the product was constructed or planned in a way that presents an unreasonable danger to consumers.
- Manufacturing defects happen when the product is not made correctly and, therefore, is unsafe for normal use.
- Manual or warning defects occur when the instructions provided for the use of a product are inaccurate, misleading or wrong.
A design defect can occur in a number of ways. For example, if brake pads are designed to only work in dry weather, and become unsafe when wet, then they are defectively designed. Vehicles travel in many different weather conditions and brake pads should be designed to operate in rain and snow.
A properly designed but improperly manufactured product can be extremely dangerous. For example, a child’s car seat that is well designed but poorly manufactured can be extremely dangerous. If the seat is made with low-grade materials causing it to easily collapse during a car accident, then there would be a manufacturing defect.
Even when a product is designed and manufactured correctly it can still be dangerous if the instructions are incorrect. For example, medicine that does not have instructions that explain possible side effects or do not provide adequate warnings could be considered defective.
Defective Toy Recalls: An Example
Many families are particularly concerned about the safety and quality of the toys they allow their children to play with. A defective toy can cause serious injury and even death; unfortunately, the defects are not always easy to identify.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the number of toy recalls due to defects is on the decline but parents must remain alert. There were a reported 24 toy recalls (1 of which was due to lead) in the U.S. This is a significant decline from less than a decade ago when there were 172 toy recalls (19 of which was due to lead).
The defective product lawyers at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC take the injury or death of a child very seriously. We will work hard for you and your family and we will fight to ensure you get the compensation that you deserve.
Recovery for Defective Product Injuries
The Bethlehem defective product attorneys at Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC will discuss with you and your family the defenses that might be raised to prevent or limit your family’s recovery.
- Knowingly using a product that is defective can limit recovery. For example, allowing your child to play or climb on a stove that you knew would easily tip over, could limit the amount of recovery.
- There are time restraints (known as statutes of limitation) for when a claim must be brought. Most statute of limitations begin to run from the time you become aware of the injury.
Bethlehem Defective Product Lawyers: Working For You
The law offices of Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC have the experiences and resources to fight against corporations and their attorneys. Contact us online or by calling 888-777-7098 to discuss your defective product case.