Traumatic Brain Injuries: Let a Doylestown Injury Attorney Help You After a Traumatic Brain Injury
Some injuries are more severe than others and few injuries are more severe than traumatic brain injuries. The brain is what operates our bodies and allows us to function. When the brain is injured, there can be serious consequences. At Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC, you can work with a Doylestown injury attorney who has experience working with families who have had loved ones suffer from traumatic brain injuries through no fault of their own. Contact Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC today at 888-777-7098 if you or a loved one suffers from a traumatic brain injury.
A traumatic brain injury can occur in several different ways and the damage caused can be staggering. According to BrainLine.org – a free educational website, providing authoritative information about brain injury symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment – traumatic brain injuries have serious and lasting consequences for those directly suffering from the injury and their families.
- Each year there are a reported 7 million brain injuries in the U.S.
- An estimated 3 million Americans — about 2 percent of the U.S. population — currently have a long-term or lifelong need for help with everyday activities due to a traumatic brain injury.
- Most brain injuries are mild (known as concussions). People usually recover from a concussion in a matter of weeks but sometimes symptoms can persist.
Traumatic brain injuries are also a significant contributor to deaths. BrainLine.org noted that traumatic brain injuries contributed to the deaths of nearly 50,000 people in 2013.
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Doylestown
BrainLine.org found that following statistics relating to the causes of traumatic brain injuries.
- Falls were the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (accounting for 47% of all traumatic brain injury-related emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths in the United States in 2013). Fall-related injuries were disproportionately represented by children and the elderly.
- Being struck by or against an object was the second leading cause of traumatic brain injuries (accounting for about 15% of traumatic brain injury-related emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths in the United States in 2013). Children were again disproportionally represented in this group.
- Among all age groups, motor vehicle crashes were the third overall leading cause of traumatic brain injury-related emergency room visits, hospitalizations, and deaths (approximately 14% in 2013).
- Intentional self-harm was the second leading cause of traumatic brain injury-related deaths (33%) in 2013.
Medical Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can also occur due to the reckless or negligent conduct of medical professionals in Doylestown and other nearby areas. For example, improper brain surgeries or improper administration of anesthesia can lead to significant and lasting traumatic brain injuries. Medical professionals should be held accountable for these types of injuries if they were caused by that medical professional’s reckless or negligent conduct.
Contact an Injury Attorney in Doylestown Today
Contact an injury attorney today if you or loved one has suffered from a traumatic brain injury due to the reckless, negligent or intentional conduct of another. You should not suffer alone and we are here to help.
Call Drake, Hileman & Davis, PC today at 888-777-7098 to discuss your case. We look forward to helping you and your family get the compensation that you deserve.